View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #3156
Henke
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
Oooo, makes me want to watch a Terry Gilliam film tonight, but I won't. I watched Brazil too recently and The Baron just a few weeks ago...

... but mostly I won't watch one because I'm working my way through the Bourne trilogy. Why? Because of some comments George Lucas made in Vanity Fair recently (in an Indiana Jones 4 article). I watched the first film last night (The Bourne Incident) and will watch the first sequel tonight.

He feels that these films are some of the best examples of today's good action film sequencing, with editing between scenes more rapid than before, which means having a stronger story-board for filming units. This requires a pretty strong preconception of the captures. (And personlly, I shoot that way in my amature videography.)

Though he said that they purposely avoided doing that for Indy to stay true to the legacy, and I thank him for that (it's been awhile since I've agreed with a Lucas decision).

Another thing he applauded about the Bourne series is how believable/acceptable they are. He compared it to Die Hard and how unreal many of those sequences are (and yes, that's true, at least for entry #2 and 3--I've not seen #4). I will say that I don't own a Die Hard product and haven't seen any one of them--except the first--more than once.

So I'm giving George a chance and am watching Bourne.
So are the Bourne trilogy any good? Based on your description I feel compelled to check them out.

On a side note, Baron Munchausen is one of my favorite Gilliam films (I haven't seen Brazil yet though). I love the book and the film.