View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #19
VoodooFX
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Yay, another LW user!

By the way, I believe people generally find other modelers easier when it comes to static 3D modeling. Animation with camera's and such are it's strongest points. Did you know many Star Trek Voyager and DS9 scenes are rendered with it?

--Erwin
Well i've said in one other thread that i use LW, although not as much as i would like to. Maybe you've missed my post there.

LW Modeler certainly has its flaws, god knows i cursed it million times over. But somehow i got used to it very quickly. I like the interface, i also like how much of a use layers can be. But as i've said in that thread, there are absolutely NO classes for 3D modelling in Slovenia, so everything i do is from tutorials, books, etc..

Yes, i know that LW is widely accepted in movie industry... its first major appearance was in Seaquest DSV i think, when effects were done on AMIGA computers. Since then it was used in all sort of shows... Star Trek as you've already mentioned, Babylon 5, Blade(i saw making of Blade on LW6 CD), it is even used by ID for monster modelling for Doom3