View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 AM   #30
Terramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
I spent 66 hours on Okami and loved every minute of it. Shadow of the Colossus was also good... but some bosses can be frustrating and the world seems kind of dead (no enemies besides besides the 11 or 12 giants.) Oh yeah now that I come to think of it, God of War 1 & 2 are right up there as well... then again they're fighting games
I own a sealed copy of Okami that I'm currently selling because the idea of dedicating 50 hours to a single game like this is just too daunting.

I have a low attention span see, so I rarely complete games like these before being destra--

As for the person who mentioned Shadow of the Colossus and Psychonauts, both are incredible games, but both have a strong emphasis on platforming and fighting.

If the original poster doesn't like those kinds of games with a passion, I wouldn't advise. But if he/ she is willing to take a plunge into action adventure games at any point, IMO these are the best of the best.

Both are unique, epic, but instead of dedicating 50+ hours, half of it seems meaningless, these provide a good 10-15 hours of gaming that's 100% satisfaction from start to finish.

With Psychonauts, I'd advise buying the PC version and grabbing a PC pad or PS2 pad converter. The PS2 game has some pretty awful frame issues.