View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #3147
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Unfaithful

I only just got around to seeing this film, after deciding to watch it several weeks ago, and from what I can recall my main motivation was that I had had no exposure to Kylie Minogue's boyfriend Olivier Martinez, lol. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie, the romantic aspect of the story pulled me in and interested me, but everything after that began to bore me, perhaps because of the change of character focus. The switch was so sudden, it wasn't particularly surprising for the film to head in that direction, but it felt unwelcome - for me at least. It became rather obvious after that point as well, causing me to lose interest, and it just plodded along to a dull uneventful conclusion. Vis-a-vis my original motivation for watching, I did rather enjoy Olivier Martinez's performance, but perhaps it's just because I have a history with Frenchmen which draws me to them.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena