View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #90
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen View Post
By definition, an overbearing anything is offputting. As you are now being. Overbearing as in domineering, haughty, arrogant, quite rude in fact. You have also used up your benefit of the doubt.
Insults like these are entirely uncalled for, Simo. And in this particular case, quite untrue. I suggest you refrain from making your comments personal from now on.

As for the argument itself, where did the issue of "entitlement" even come up? Did I miss something? I don't recall anyone saying anything was owed to anyone. All I've heard is a relational observation: IF a publisher wants the public to be/stay excited about a product (and if they don't, it's entirely within their rights to be that extraordinarily stupid), then they must accept some responsibility for nurturing that through PR. Obligation isn't even an factor, because it's entirely conditional, and no one has suggested otherwise. All you're ultimately doing is arguing against people saying that a two-way street needs to run two ways.

On an entirely different note, I'll mention that I do have contact with dtp, and of course they know what's going on with the game. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details they've shared with me (which is often the case with publishers, so read nothing into that statement), but they'll certainly let people know what's what at some point. In the meantime, I'll also mention also that AG does have a Jane Jensen interview in the pipeline. No promises on dates, but it's not like the game or its designer have been sucked into a black hole.