View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #89
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen View Post
[...] I dislike the term fan, it being short for fanatic. I am not sure why anyone would actually want fanatic fans, or be one. I believe most creative people want to be able to relate to their audience as individuals rather than worshipped, hated, or otherwise differently treated idols.)
I think that this is a quite too literally explanation of the word. Being a "fan" of something/someone doesn't mean sacrificing your critical judgment to an unconditioned faith/hate/other. It means to look forward to something, to care about something, to be passionate about something. Or, at least, this is what I mean when I said "fan".

It's pretty clear, in this thread, that I'm a fan of Jane Jensen. I also think that the disappointment of Ksandra born, as he (or she - sorry: don't know ) stated in a previous post, from the appreciation of the game/author/other premise and the subsequent total lack of substantial information. I think that me and Ksandra are equally "fan", in the meaning that we both care about the game and its quality: if the game, when it's out, won't fit my expectations I'll be the first one to point this out, 'cause I'm a "fan" without being "blind", as Ksandra - disappointed now by the the author/publishers choices - could and would demand something more than retrieved hype to look forward to the game.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box