View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #85
Ksandra

Look, obviously I agree that the quality of the game is the most important thing in the long run. The problem is that it's impossible to judge the quality of the game without access to preview material, such as screenshots, demos and gameplay descriptions. Very few people these days are willing to buy a game without doing some research on it first, and any remotely competent publisher will realise this, which is precisely why it is so essential for publishers to provide PR.

Quote:
But we are still not entitled to any of this. Anything the creators do not want to give or are not in a position to give, that is their choice. It is the misplaced sense of entitlement that I am arguing against. We do not own any piece of Gray Matter except any individual copies of the end-product we may purchase. An overbearing fan with an exaggerated sense of entitlement is an offputting thing.
You know, I was about to reply politely to what you said until I read that last sentence; now I'm more inclined to just say 'screw you'. Expecting developers and publishers to provide the occasional update on the progress of their game does not equal being 'an overbearing fan with an exaggerated sense of entitlement', and feeble ad hominem arguments like this do nothing to make your argument sound any stronger. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is now over; have a nice day.