View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #81
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
Not to mention that Jensen made her last AG nearly ten years ago; there are plenty of younger adventure fans (such as myself) who have never played the GK games, and aren't going to instantly rush out to buy GM just because it's OMG JANE JENSEN.
Apart from all the marketing chat and the publishing chat and the PR chat and the Hype-o-Meter chat, I guess this is really the point, we want to admit it or not.

When Gray Matter was announced the reaction was pretty much "Oh my God, it's Jane Jensen!", 'cause - through the years - gamers have looked at her as a synonymous of great games. As everything, there are supporters, detractors and indifferent. Over analyze the subject, in my opinion, distract from the base: let me do an example, Bill Tiller's "A Vampyre Story". I never really liked his games, and even if publishers/developers/PRs flood me with pre-release material, still I'm not looking forward this title.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box