View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Non-violent MMORPGs

As you all probablty know, Myst Online is going to be shut down on April 4. I'm now in the process of saying goodbye to this wonderful game, which is harder on me than I expected. I walk around in the Ages, and make as many good pictures as I can.
What I love about Myst online are the beautiful and often very detailed surroundings, the beautiful sounds, and the fact that you don't have to do anything there to have a good time. You can just walk around and look at things, or talk to people if you want, without having to be constantly at the alert in case anyone would wants to shoot you. There is no real 'getting ahead' there, which I love because if I want to get ahead I'd rather do that in real life and get a real compensation for my efforts, instead of in a game. And last but not least, I only met nice people there, and I met someone there who is very special to me now.
Now I'm looking for an alternative to Myst Online. Many of my friends there moved to Second Life long ago. I tried out Second Life for a while, but didn't like it at all. It's hard to explain why, but although it has most of the characteristics I described above, I just couldn't 'get into it'.
So now I turn to you, my fellow (adventure) game lovers. I hope you can help me in my quest. What other online games besides the ones I mentioned are out there that don't involve violence and can be enjoyed just by being there?