View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #65
Ksandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
We can discuss it without arguing, just to understand each other's points. So tell me, how do you respond to the many people, like AndreaDraco83 in this thread, who would still list Gray Matter as the game they're most looking forward to? Are you saying those people are simply too few and far between to matter, or that that degree of anticipation is somehow invalidated because there aren't enough updates? I get that YOU lose your enthusiasm when there aren't, but the list is meant to gauge wide(r)spread sentiment, not personal experience.
I'd respond that no matter how excited they personally may be, an objective assessment of GM's position has to take other things into account - such as the rapidly-approaching 'release date', the lack of information released so far, and the almost total lack of updates (or even responses to update requests) for the last six months. Which, to be fair, seems to be exactly what you've done with the latest update.

I appreciate that many people are really, really excited about this game, but you simply cannot keep running on hot air for ever. Obviously there are still plenty of people excited over GM, but I'm also seeing an increasing number of posts asking what the heck is going on and whether it's really likely to be released any time soon. Even the people at Cort-X seem to be losing their enthusiasm somewhat, and after eight months without even a response to their interview questions, I can't really blame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
Let's forget about Jensen for a moment... just for a moment. I mean, she's the author, the story-teller, and as such important. But she's not making this game on her own. Actually, her part of the job should more or less be done by now. To the best of my knowledge a company called Tonuzaba is doing the practical developing stuff. There's no mention of Gray Matter at their site and it doesn't look like they're into adventure games at all. Does anybody know for a fact who the developers are?
That's very true, and it's even more reason not to let our hopes run so insanely high. I'm sure JJ has a large degree of creative control, but in the end, a game is only going to be as good as the development team making it. While I'm quite willing to give Tonzuba the benefit of the doubt, we can't automatically assume they'll be as good as the team that made the Gabriel Knight games.