View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #62
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I think you underestimate the popularity of Sam & Max. Step outside the rather insulated little adventure community, and about the only game(s) you'll hear about regularly are Sam & Max, and usually in very complimentary ways. The episodic thing... well... that may always be a point of contention. I know many people who have come to really look forward to regular, smaller doses. It doesn't have to be monthly, though. The whole series will be released on disc at season's end. That's just as valid a product as any other game.
Yes, I understand the point. It was a personal commentary: I haven't had the chance to play Sam & Max Season 1, and the reasons 'cause I didn't play it are the following.
1) For non-English speakers, the dialogues are way too much difficult, with all the slang: I, for myself, have no problem understanding it, but only with subtitles and a dictionary near the desk, and I haven't the time to do that.
2) The references to American culture are, if you're lucky, enigmatic and - if things turn bad - simply not understandable. Just an example, outside America Amelia Earhart or Dan B. Cooper are just name, without a story behind.

I think the Sam & Max Season 2 is a very "American" choice and less a "universal" choice. I'm not criticizing: I'm explaining what I intended when I said <<that - in difference with S&M season 2 - almost everyone will play, when it's out, Gray Matter>>, 'cause it's less americanized, if you pass me the word.

For the monthly (or so) chapter divisions, I'm not against: but let me do an example. I'm watching the fourth season of "Lost", although it isn't yet finished, but I've to wait another six/seven months to watch "Heroes Volume Three": I'd say that is the latter the one series originating "hype", and not the one currently airing, 'cause my "hype" have to wait only a couple of weeks. Just a thought (and maybe I'm missing some English nuances from the word "hype")
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box