View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #1138
MdaG
Master of time and space

Currently taking on The Orange box on my X360. I just acquired the gravity gun. So far I don't understand much of the story. I've played through the original Half-life and its first expansion pack, but I still don't understand what I'm up against. Who are the "benefactors" and why is the civil guard attacking me? Have I missed/forgotten something in the last game or is this something that will be revealed later in the game? In that case don't spoil please.

On a more technical matter the graphics hasn't aged much apart from the face crabs and the people wearing them. The graphics looks great and the human character models make an impressive job of convincing me it's people and not polygons. The dialogue rocks! The physics deliver. Nuff said.

However, it's painfully obvious that the controls aren't made for the 360 controller. This is a game that's better played with a mouse and keyboard. Halo 3 and Gears of War felt much more natural with the 360 controller than this game does.

*edit*
Made it through Ravenholm and on my way through the highway chapter. The story so far is on par with Gears of War. I don't understand what I'm fighting or why. The monsters and soldiers attack both me and each others. I'm assuming the monsters are the Combine and the soldiers the civil guard, but then they should be allies!?

To piece together this sorry excuse of a story I went and read this since it's obvious to me by now that I've missed something or the story got lost somewhere around alpha and gold.

Where the hell is all that information!? I've played Half-Life, Opposing forces and more than half of Half-Life 2 and I can't piece together all that the linked site contains.

Last edited by MdaG; 02-16-2008 at 03:37 PM.