View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
kuze
In an evening of July...

The Russian version has been released, got bad to mediocre reviews and disappeared from my radar. I've heard nothing about the release of the English version.

The reviewers criticized the atmosphere of the game, which apparently couldn't compare to the book. All the characters were unimpressing, parts of the plot which varied from the book were poorly written, character interaction is tedious since the people in the big building are constantly moving and you have no map. The promised "real-time-gameplay-just-like-in-Last-Express" is nowhere to be found, so is the third ending seqence which had to be cut out due to publisher rushing the game developers. The other two endings are way too similar. Character animation is poor, interaction with the world is limited to a Syberia-degree, minigames scattered all around are annoying.

On the positive side of things, the backgrounds are very pretty. And that's about all.

Again, that is not my opinion, but a rough translation of a Russian review (score: 31%).