View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #20
NikolasFigaro

I'm from Greece and I purchased the game from Papasotiriou (the online store mentioned before) in November, if I remember correctly. To be honest, I don't think that the certain store ships products to other countries.

The game rocks, it is probably the best adventure I've played in the last 2 years, Sokal's artwork is -once again- astonishing, and the story is fantastic. If anybody likes noir or detective mysteries, this i a must-buy game.

Recently, many adventures are being released in Greece before any other country in Europe (the english versions anyway, since the german editions usually come out first). Publishers are making very strong efforts to promote adventure games (in contrary to other countries), which is a huge risk considering the high rate of piracy that plagues Greece, although there is a very loyal adventure gaming core. The problem is that the majority of adventures that they are publishing are usually mediocre... It's not their fault, but it is saddening.

Anyway, know that the edition of Sinking Island we have in Greece is totally legal, with English speech and english subtitles and age rating 12+ from the E.E. commitee. Everybody good luck in finding the game, it is totally worth it.
you won't understand..."