View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #1089
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
There are several different settings for the controls. I had it set to be somewhat close to the first two games, because that's what I'm comfortable with. But on the highest setting, it's pretty much the same as a mouse and keyboard. The added gimmicks I found fun. (I actually wished there were more of them, I liked them so much.) I should also say that you can actually jump with the Morph Ball by flicking the remote upwards, and that that feels pretty weird. The only reason I know that you can do this is because I read the manual - at no point in the game is this made clear or necessary.

The game itself is not like Metroid Prime 1 and 2. The first two were exploration-driven platformers. Metroid Prime 3 is a linear first-person shooter. If you compare its worlds to the worlds of the first two games, it comes up short. But its action is good, if you like that sort of thing. It's got a lot more scripting than the first two games, a lot more boss battles, and not much downtime from the fighting. It's actually not as hard as the second game though. (I played it on the "Veteran" difficulty level, and that wasn't as hard as the second game.)
More bosses than Metroid Prime 2 !?