View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #44
Terramax

I gave up on Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) very shortly after starting. The game begins like every other Zelda, with dialog that would probably speak down to an 8 year-old, bland graphics, slow and clunky controls for Link, and I won’t even start on the horse.

I paid £40 for an alternate, albeit not superior version of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that I shelled £40 for 10 years ago.
I loved The Wind Waker. It was visually stylish and complimented its playful nature. Twilight was a complete U-turn.

There was also Tomb Raider Legend with its minuscule locations, droning voice acting over the action, insultingly easy puzzles, restricting arcade bosses, pointless arcade bike moments and dumb timed button pressing moments.

For the record these timed sequences are quickly becoming a pet hatred of mine. It was ‘OK’ in Shenmue and Sword of Berserk, but this is ridiculous.

The battles were also terrible. I kept falling off ledges when jumping around, and it was stupid how you could just randomly run up to a bloke and do that slow motion thing. This is Tomb Raider Crystal Dynamics! Not some dumb action game. I paid for Tomb Raider, and I want Tomb Raider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Tomb Raider: Legend .

I got bored with it, pure and simple. Lady Croft needs to retire.
Agreed. Or at least give the franchise to someone who knows what they’re doing.

Blade Runner PC Like the film – amazing visuals, terrible acting and story. Finally And Then There Were None. But I just don't even wanna talk about that game.

For the original poster, I understand the milkman was a tiresome level, but I can’t understand the comment about the controls. Was it that there were too many buttons to press (due to the various psychic powers)?

Quote:
Psychonauts is a fine game, but the PS2 version I understand is a less than adequate port. I suspect you might enjoy it more if you try another platform - the PC version is excellent.
Agreed. I have the PS2 and PC versions, and the PS2 did feel a little awkward mainly to the drop in framerate. I played both with a PS2 pad too.

Quote:
Most recently, I tried playing Silent Hill.
Is this the PSX one we’re talking about or the latest PSP ‘Origins’? Indeed, if you’d like the best of Silent Hill, 2 & 3 are the way to go. 2 has some dodgy camera angles but the best story, 3 has the best production values, controls and camera but slightly weaker story (as it leads on from SH1).

Quote:
Star Ocean 3 (PS2)
It started out good with nice graphics, music and story. Two epic worlds opened up before me.
I gave up on that too. It was an amazing world, and the characters were quite likeable, but the story was kinda droning. It suffers from ‘Japanese-RPG-trying-to-be-more-epic-than-any-other-but-ends-up-being-really-Clichéd syndrome.

I’ve all but given up on Japanese RPGs now. Accept really outrageously different ones like Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. My loathing for the repetition in JRPGs is my reason for turning to adventure games in the first place.