View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #26360
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Leave this place for a minute, and tons of posts pop up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Wait, if we tell you how to say something, you'll take our word for it and say it that way?
Just how stupid do you think I am? I won't believe everything that's said, but I know that there are people here with greater knowledge on the English language than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Okay. I hope that's not some kind of metaphor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I'm sure the voice of Rikard Petersen is better.
I wouldn't know, since I've never heard of him. Is that a Danish actor?

Quote:
Possibly "a CD featuring him" or "a CD by him" would be reasonable alternatives. Both of those would suggest a CD on which Rikard Wolff performed (whereas Squinky's example, whilst acceptable English, could be misinterpreted as she said)
Thanks. "A CD by him" seems like a good wording. I'll try toremember that.

Quote:
Je suis fini.
After reading that, and having a notice pop up that you'd posted something new in your blog, I went away hoping for a new DKP game and came back slightly disappointed.

Quote:
Please fondle my bum.
Umm...? Are you feeling alright?

Quote:
Of course, some people will misunderstand things however you type them.
Of course. That's fun.

Quote:
Do I detect a missing "yet" in that sentence?
Your yet-detector may need replacing. You can order a new one using the mail form on the site of Trumgottist Entertainment. It's guaranteed. For additional value, get the bundle that includes the amazing yeti-detector, and get a computer adventure game for free! Shipping fee not included in price. Adventure game offer only valid as long as the stock lasts. Use yeti detector at your own risk - not guaranteed to work in cold, moist, dry or pleasant weather.