View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #3048
Ninja Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Aladdin
Aside from that carpet ride song, which I ceased to be a fan of once it became a song beloved of six-year-old girls at school concerts, this is a great Disney film. And the R1 DVD transfer seemed reasonable. Good stuff.
Having never suffered through a school concert rendition I actually quite like that song. Aladdin is definitely one of my favourite Disney films. My favourite one is probably Beauty & the Beast, though I love Lion King as well.

I recently watched The Little Mermaid for the first time in many years and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I remember doing before. "Part of your world" is a really nice song. Didn't much enjoy Peter Pan on recent viewing. Some nice animation, but the story was way too sacharine. I suppose that's true of Bambi as well to some extent, but I don't know if it was the genius animation or something else but that one I could comfortably sit through.

I wonder if I'd like Fantasia if I saw it now. I remember as a kid being very disappointed that the whole film wasn't about Mickey doing magic with broomsticks and got very bored.