View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #34
Endosanity
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Another one I gave up on was Shivers. It was alright, I thought it had decent graphics for the time, atmospheric music, good and sometimes frustrating puzzles. But it was the cartoon ghosts and one-item-at-a-time inventory system that brings you out of the game.

Trying to find two pieces for every urn. Then, making sure you're holding the right urn by the sound the ghost makes before you investigate it so you can trap the ghost instead of having it zap your energy.

After a few tries I gave up and didn't go back for a while. When I did try it again I had a new computer and the game would no longer run.

Gave up on The Bard's Tale for the C64. Besides the game just being too random and having wrap-around mazes, I couldn't take waiting 5 minutes for every battle to load. Especially when random battles pop up every 2 minutes or so.

Stopped playing Dragon Wars for the PC. It was a good game with an interesting enough story. One of the few ancient 3D RPGs with an automap feature. But the difficulty, to me, ramped up way too quickly. You think your party is tough so you try a new area but instead you're killed in the first round of your first encounter.

Wizardry Gold for the PC. Just, never finished it. I think I got annoyed with the voices and how the scrolling text to match it never stopped. The game, from what I remember, was alright but nothing overly interesting.

Ulitima Underworld for the PC. I managed to make it all the way down to the very bottom of the abyss, unlocked the door to fight the final demon but I realized I couldn't kill him no matter what I did. I finally gave up and read a walkthrough and discovered I was missing a piece to some weapon or... something that I needed for the last fight. When I read what I missed I just said "I am not going all the way back up there and going through all that" and just quit.