View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #3031
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Blade Runner (US Theatrical Cut)
One from the 5-disc release that came out recently (in the UK). The last time I saw Blade Runner was several years ago, when the Director's Cut was on television, and I remember being rather confused by it. Partly because I was young and stupid, but since then I've been keen to see this film with the narration and whatnot. Interestingly, I'm now pretty sure that most of it is indeed unnecessary (although it did clear up a couple of things for me).

Anyway, the film. It's not my favourite Philip K Dick-based film (that's a toss-up between Minority Report and A Scanner Darkly), but it's certainly a very good film. I look forward to watching the Final Cut (possibly tomorrow).

Great DVD set, too. I'm pleased by how reasonable the picture quality is for the alternate versions, as I wasn't sure that they wouldn't just have copied them in from any sources available.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 12-08-2007 at 03:46 PM.