View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #1036
simpson_yellow
Squeaky

Colin McRae Dirt
Just about completed all tier 2 events in career mode. Good casual fun, and a welcome distraction for an hour or so here and there. The voiceover from Travis Pastrana (who the f..?)* is about the most annoying thing on Earth though. I wish there was a way to turn it off - nothing worse than screaming through a tight rally circuit and scraping over the line in first place, only to be congratulated by some whiny, nasal turkey saying something along the lines of "Sweet drivin' dude. Awesome!"

*after some googling, it seems Travis Pastrana is some kind of moto-x legend. Why, then, is he featuring in an off-road 4-wheel racing game?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
My first impressions were a little grim, but I warmed to this atmospheric hybrid after racking up a few hours of play. It reminds me quite a bit of Deus Ex, but it's more interesting so far. Definitely something quite different from the standard chaff currently filling the shelves. I'm still dying waaay too frequently though (even on novice difficulty, a single shotgun blast seems to be enough to reduce a full health bar to zero and produce a game over screen ), so I think I may be approaching the game wrong. Either that or there's some armour or something that I failed to find early on.