View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #9
Ninja Dodo

I tend to dislike threads like this because it's never much fun to see people list things you like in their "worst ever" types of posts, but I'm gonna go ahead and take issue with a couple of these.

Psychonauts is a fine game, but the PS2 version I understand is a less than adequate port. I suspect you might enjoy it more if you try another platform - the PC version is excellent.

As for Shadow of the Colossus, the contrast in gameplay is what makes it great. The Colossi are all the more majestic for the calm that precedes them. If you want non-stop action you're playing the wrong game.

Having said that, there is one game that comes to mind that I've stopped playing on numerous occasions, though never quite given up on: Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis. Always seem to get stuck.

Black & White I played the first few levels a couple of times and had a lot of fun with it, but the lacking balance always makes me give up eventually. I can never get around to doing anything much because I'm always busy making more food for the villagers.

I stopped playing Dungeon Keeper because of a bug somewhere halfway into it. I beat a certain level in an unconventional but (within the game rules) perfectly acceptable way which the game apparently failed to understand and I wasn't about the start the damn thing over.

Still haven't finished playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - it's hard - but I'm gonna get back to it at some point.