View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
MdaG
Master of time and space

Default Game you're playing and given up on.

Played any games recently that you're pretty sure you're never going to finish? If so post about it here.

I've been working on my biggest disappointment this year. Psychonauts on the PS2. I've been a fan of Tim Schaefer since Day of the Tentacle, but this mediocre platformer share few things with those games. Apart from the dialogs and art style I'm not impressed. The controls feel awkward, the power ups look bland and the game play is nothing compared to superior (imho of course) platform games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, Mario 64 or Prince of Persia (the Wii game). I haven't played for a couple of weeks now, but I got as far as looking for the milk man before I lost interest.

Another game that's been collecting dust since summer is Devil May Cry 3 - Special Edition on the PS2. I just don't get what's so good about it. I've gotten past the twin demons and acquired them as a weapon(s). I guess this just isn't my kind of game, the story feels artificial and doesn't make much sense to me.

A third game is Kingdom Hearts, also on the PS2. I basically have the same problem with this game as Psychonauts. It doesn't do it for me. I got to the Alice in Wonderland "level" before getting bored.

I normally play through games, even if I'm not overly impressed; but if I in the end can't give the game a 7/10 I seldom bother sitting through it.

So you have any game you're over and done with?

Last edited by MdaG; 12-01-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Removed Dig as a reference as Tim Shaefer didn't have anything to do with it.