View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Cookiemonster View Post
omg omg omg Wing Commander Rules!!!!

still hoping to play the first 2, what's your favorite?

Only games i can recommend are Starlancer(which is pretty difficult in comparison to wing commander) and X-wing Alliance. both are about 8 years old. But those games arn't being made anymore. I remember Xenocrazy or something like that(it started with X, i could look it up but i'm to lazy ) which was pretty good. Never seen it in stores though. Wouldn't know about any other game
Actually my favorite game is the first Wing Commander along with its' two expansion packs tightly followed by the second game along with its' expansion packs I've not been as drawn in by a game ever since then. Wing Commander was the first game to ever make me feel hatred for the enemy. That's how strong the story pulled me in. I think it was back in 1992. I replayed the games back in 1997 and they rocked even then. However I'm not sure I'd appreciate them today (apart from the nostalgia) due to the really dated 2D graphics and relatively clunky controls.

X-wing Alliance is already in my collection. It didn't impress me as much as Tie Fighter did, but it was a good ride nonetheless. I've played both Starlancer and Freespace and while they were OK, they didn't compare to Wing Commander.

I'm not partial to space operas and I'm currently eying Ace Combat 6 on the X360. Maybe it can offer me what I want?