View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #58
Texas

Wow this is a good good thing. In my opinion this type of arrangment between Adventure Shop and Adventure Gamers illustrates the best of what the internet can do. It allows the Adventure Gaming community the rank and file users of a product to infulence which titles are offered thats briliant. The coolist feature of the site for me is the ability to get games that arnt avalable in retail stores yet. The Sherlock Holmes games are a great example. The Awakening is only just now reaching store shelfs hear in the lone star state and I see that Adventure Shop alraidy has the next game in the serious avalable for download.

I adsolutly love the idea of putting old classics up on the site for download. I did have one question however. Now keep in mind Im not the most tech savy person so I apologize if this seems stupid. I know that with alot of really old games (think Tex Murphey or Indiana Jones) you run into compatabilty problems with newer machines. Would downlaoding elevate this problem? For instance if Adventure Shop offered the original Monkey Island would you be able to run it in Vista or XP or would you still have to use an emulator? If downloading elimenates that kind of problem then I would be really really excited about that.

Finally hear is a list of older games I would love to see in the shop.

1. The Gabriel Knight Series
2. The Tex Murphey Series
3. The Last Express
4. Broken Sword Series.

I know this may be a pipe dream but just chew on this thought for a moment everyone. Imagine all those great games you played but wished they had made another sequal for. Maybe just maybe if the original game gets lots of downloads from a sight like Adventure Shop it would demonstrate to the developer that a market is their for a sequal. How cool would that be.

Last edited by Texas; 11-21-2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Mispelling