Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #228
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
I've just had a little run at one of my favourite magic-trick suppliers, and ended up with:

Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch
Around the World Colouring Book

Yeah, yeah, two book tests. I like book tests.

I've been wanting the Assassin's Pouch for a while now, ever since they came out. Then when I tried it out, the loop for the carabiner clip literally unravelled. The replacement just came a few minutes ago, and I'm sure it'll be fine.
The Assassin's pouch looks awesome. Is it only suitable for magic stuff, or can it be used as a regular bag, too?

Oh, and is that a real colouring book? Because I think I had that one as a kid. Does it show people in the local dress in a kind of cutesy style in the book, as well as sights from different countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
Well, this isn't a splurge, but today I was visited by UPS, and was given a free novel I won in a raffle I entered on a website! Kind of a nice surprise to get in the middle of the week.

I once won a Chip Beanie Buddy (the large version of Beanie Babies) in a "Find it" contest from Tiggy's Petz Pages. Petz (Petz 3 specifically) was a game, that consisted of two games: Catz 3 and Dogz 3. Those were some of the first pages I visited back then. Find it's were a common activity on those pages, though usually you only got a badge that you could place on your website, or print out if you didn't have a website, or maybe a pet for Petz to download, that was special in some way, but that was usually all. But Tiggy's website was very large, and apparently she got sponsors (she being the owner. Tiggy was the mascot.), or else I couldn't imagine how she could afford giving away new Beanie Buddies.

Anyway, I won the find it (the first one), despite not having found all of the things (the find it had several things to find. You didn't have to find all of them, but the more you found, the higher your chances of winning were), and even though some people had found more. I was very surprised when my father said there was an email for me (I didn't have my own email adress back then, so I used his). I didn't understand half of the email, since my English wasn't all that good back then (At that time I had just been enrolled on the International School, and knew just enough to communicate and browse the English Petz pages. I learned some new words from those pages too, like "Finicky", which helped me surprise and impress my English teacher once I got back to German school when he was asking for English adjectives we knew. But I was still glad when I got back to the International School. ), but it was enough for me to see that I had won, and that I had to reply in time or the next person would get the prize. I was all excited, and when it finally arrived I was so happy I ran around the house carrying Chip (the Beanie Buddy. He's a Calico cat, by the way.) on my head, especially when typing my thank you mail to the owner of Tiggy's page, so that he was looking at the screen while I was typing - why, you ask? It's just something I did, do I need a reason beyond being weird. It was an impulsive action.

And just for old time's sake, I just fetched Chip from my bed and put him back on my head. It's a very comforting feeling, I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post

A multi function printer:
HP Deskjet F4180
Does it act as a Facsimile too? Because ours does. It's a bit larger, though, also having pull-in scanning as well as flatbed scanning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I love them!
I agree, they're gorgeous and cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
I've ordered two T-shirts from Engrish.com. Haven't got them yet, but whether that's because they're stuck in the backlog from last week's postal strike, or just because they haven't made it here yet from Hawaii, I don't know.

Also a matching "Hot Space Station Justice" sweatshirt.
Eeee! They're awesome (As in "Inspiring Awe and Fear, as well as being grand to behold". Yes, they definitely inspire Fear. Especially the first one. ). I want some too!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!