View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #25766
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

(THIS IS PART TWO OF THIS POST. PLEASE FIRST READ PART 1 ABOVE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Give me the detonation codes to the world's nuclear arsenals. I need to put us intelligent-life dopplegangers out of our misery.
*sings* And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Whatever.

In other news, I just ordered the Region 1 release of Alice in Wonderland. Why the 2-disc remastered version was never released over here is a mystery to me.
I want the 2-disc (or was it 3-disc?) red version of "Beauty and the Beast", but it's Limited Edition so it's selling for horrendous prices these days...

Quote:
I thought they said "Region X" for a reason...

Like, Region 1 shouldn't work in Britain.

Anyway, that's the result I usually get. Trashed two DVD players with Chinese pirated DVDs, out of region.

It's called "Multi-Region" DVD player. Also known as "Region 0" or "Regionless" DVD player. I know it's a difficult concept to wrap your mind around, but we Europeans tend to be rebels.

Seriously, all DVD players should be regionless. The regions were invented for Cinemas so they couldn't show movies before the release date for their country, by acquiring the movie from a different country. But for some stupid reason they applied it to DVDs too, and what's more, they applied it to Game DVDs for consoles too. Luckily there's no such thing for DVDRoms, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I admire the parenthetical ways of your peepuls, well matched and all. But could you move to footnotes* next time? You see, that way, the sentence flows and you need no parentheses at all. And it gives you a chance to use a bunch'a spiffy symbols‡ and wot-not.

As for the whatever that you heard from someone that something like that might be true... I'm up for that, so put me down for it. I'll take two gallons.

Speck

* Like this
‡ Like so.

No, no, and no. Parentheses within parentheses within parentheses etc. is a long and proud tradition in Germanic countries, and I am sure also in Scandinavian countries.

Why do you never complain when I go wild on the brackets and parentheses, by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I spent ages trying to explain this to someone once. They kept just saying that yellow was yellow.
Quote:
We're not related. We just hang out together sometimes.

Quote:
I knew I should have quoted from "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" . No-one ever remembers the book.

"Batty" was also a reference by the way (Rutger Hauer's character name)

Here sir.
Quote:
I'm not batty, people just can't understand my tactical, military genuis.
Well, if you're not batty, then you're barmy. It all comes out the same in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Aw, but that would ruin the whole point now, wouldn't it?

Also, let us herby found the Organization for Random Smileys.

Yep, I agree. It would ruin the whole point.

Quote:
Footnotes using symbols are horrible.

Superscript numbers are far easier to follow.

Nah, you* use** should*** multiple***** asterisks******.

* Yes, you.

** = "employ"

*** That means "You**** are supposed to"

**** See: *

***** As in "more than one".

****** That's those little starry things.

Quote:
Why use footnotes at all? Only Uppist posts posts that long. And Jazzy, but no one really notices.
Read my posts, dammit!

Pretty please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
jazzy is nice.
You are nice too. *hugs*

Quote:
You, my good sir, just made an incredibly obvious statement.
*hugs too* And you are nice as well!

Quote:
I've had a cough for weeks now. Along with the usual allergies, which I thought went away about now.
I don't think allergies go away, really...unless you rub youself in poison ivy regularly in order to get tolerance of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, genuis is often misunderstood.
Wow, that was a really bad place for a typo.
You could say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
If I was a straight man, would I want a concubine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Nah, that's probably what the comic sidekick would want.
Yep, he seems to be quite desperate. I always grant him his wish, though I don't really know what a floating skull would do with a concubine...I'm not really sure if I *want* to know, actually. It does seem to involve polish of some kind, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
You can do as Louis Armstrong and sing "my gal" instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Or as Whoopi Goldberg as Delores Van Cartier as Sister Mary Clarence, and sing "my God".
After years and having seen the movie several times, I now finally get the reference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
But of one would go after their sidekick's concubine and get it, of course.
No, I think the Tiefling girl with the scottish accent would not approve of that. I don't want those punch daggers into my stomach area, despite being immortal and regenerating constantly. Having my intestines removed a third time can't be any more fun (i.e. No fun) than it was the previous times, and it got old after the first time anyway. But despite that, everyone seems to be intent on cutting me open and taking out my intestines and then handing them back to me after I ask them to (sometimes charring them before they do so). Seriously, why can't people be happy with breaking my skull open to look if I hid any magical treasure there?

...come to think of it, I'd much rather they'd not do that either.

Oh, and WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROTT?! Why is there a character limit of 10000 characters here?! That's not nearly enough.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 11-19-2007 at 02:47 PM.