View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #25765
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I'm sure you could figure out a way to make it interesting. Different characters, different gameplay… Who says a sequel has to be more of the same?
True. After all, "HOOK" is one of the best movies ever, if you ask me. Then again, I don't think it still qualifies as a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I'M DOWN BUT NOT OUT, BITCHES!

Oh, right. Well, I believe you mean, "Why not just make a new game with a whole new story?" To that I say, hop off the Jersey City ferry and make some characters worth playing as a few times. Like someone as cool as Indiana Jones. It makes it all worth doing as a sequel, unless you're too busy playing Kane & Lynch to do the first game, like me. Learn from my mistakes.

And you can't beat cruise ships in space.

Do you mean you're no longer working on your Adventure game? Damn, now I'm depressed...

Please, please, please do try to work on it again. Pretty please with Wasabi on top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Oh yeah, and just to wrap things up, the downloading is indeed has a lot to do with the ads. I downloaded Ã*t one time and lo behold, a moving add appeared. It still asks for the download and when I don't download it, the add space just says "cannot connect to page" or whatever the English equivalent of the message is. Sometimes just a blank space.

Now this makes me wonder if space can be called blank. I mean first of all, people say that space is empty, but then how can space be empty if we are there? Of course, if space were empty, it should be blank, right? But then space is black - the color associated with blank isn't black, as one might expect from the word "blank", but rather white.

Of course it might just be rhetorical as most things actually. One might say that everything is rethorical as everything happens in your mind actually. In a way nothing is "real" so that you can be sure it is the same for everyone because who knows how people experience something that youu see in one way. Like colors, you can't actually be sure that everyone sees the colors like you do, as there's no way to confirm it. You can't ask how they would describe it as people affiliate the same things with the same color - it has more to do with enviromental influences than actual effects of the color, in a way.

and when we think about that, how can we be sure that anything is real? To go a bit sidetracked (but should that be side-tracked? Well, anyways (or anyway)) some researchers or whatever said that (as least this is what I heard) there's about a 30% chance or something like that that we are actually living in a Matrix-like artificial world.

But back to what I was saying, the other thing that reminded me of is a certain (very good) short story by Dostoevsky, "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man". I read it sort of by chance (I had read Dostoevsky) in school a long time ago, but it had a certain part in it that, if I had to choose one (and then why would I have to make the choice at all, it is not a likely question), has had the most effect on me (of all stuff I've read). Talking about why he should worry about a certain moral dilemma, as if he dies it will not matter anyways as the world will disappear anyways, at least from his part (a very good, very good part. It actually (in a way) took a couple reads (not so much the times read but the time thinking about it) to actually get what it was saying.)

And on the subject of classics, there's now a chance for students to get to see classic Italian movies for free. I thought it was on yesterday and was going to go see PaisÃ* by Roberto Rosselini but alas, it was actually tuesday. The next round (with different movies though) will be monday, I'll have to see if I'll go then. I think each movie gets two shows. I'm especially interested in seeing Fellini's (who is one of my favorite directors) I Vitelloni or The Young and the Passionate or Spivs or whatever...

And... No wait, I lost my thought... I'm sure you get what I was saying though.
*applauds* That was very interesting, and enlightening. I'll have to read that short story soon.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about how other people perceive colours, and has been a bit sad that there is really no way to check if everyone perceives them the same (except for partial colour blindness like red/green blindness. Did you know that if you are red/green blind, you see blue as a different colour if it's beside green too, for example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
You do realise that nobody (except possibly Jaz and a handful of related eccentrics) will actually bother to read that, don't you?

DIE, THREAD™!

What, you mean people don't read some of the longer posts I make?

(THIS IS PART ONE OF THIS POST. PLEASE PROCEED TO PART 2 BELOW)

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!