View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #41
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Merricat,

You might want to re-examine the definition of a "logical fallacy." You may disagree with my opinion of the game publishers I've worked for, and you may prefer your opinion of the game publishers YOU have worked for, but an opinion you disagree with is not a "logical fallacy." My opinion is based on this:
A. I have worked for many, many major game publishers (did you read post #29 in this thread, in which I mentioned this? Did you think I was lying? I mentioned this prior to any of your posts attacking my opinion as a "logical fallacy"). In fact, I've worked for almost all of them.
B. I have been witness to frequent examples of short-sighted, political, and fear-based decision-making at each of these companies;
C. Therefore, one should not be surprised to find that these kinds of poor decisions are frequently made at most major publishers.

Not sure where you find a logical fallacy in that.

Also, you have twice now confused the issue of "personality clashes" and "hostile relationships" with my recognition that decisions that come out of these large companies are frequently poor ones. They are two completely separate issues that you may have equated because you're assuming that my low opinion of publishers has either caused, and/or resulted from, personality clashes or hostile relationships. That's an assumption on your part, and you have no evidence of it.

--Josh