View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #40
Merricat
Backsliding Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho View Post
Merricat,

Thanks for the advice, though...it's perfectly good advice for people who choose to go the fangame route.
My intention was not to offer advice, and certainly not to designers. As a writer, I found your argument less compelling because of your use of logical fallacies and the lack of concrete example. Often when people feel passionately about something, they make emotional statements and expect those statements to stand, but if you want to succeed in persuading someone of anything, you should expect to define your argument.
My experiences with publishers have been largely in print and largely positive: I've written a textbook for the airline industry, and I've written various pieces for both magazines and newspaper. I've been an editor at a literary journal, and an editor at a newspaper. I finished my first novel last year and am in the process of writing another. I have sometimes had personality clashes with some publishers, but for the most part, have enjoyed positive relationships with them. So you really needed something more to convince me than an emotional appeal that begged the question. That's all I was asking you to do.