View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #17
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie View Post
Seems like a reasonable assumption to me. If I were a company who had gotten such a huge outpouring of support from fans of a fangame in a property I thought was dead, I'd be a little wary of the possibility of another similar situation. And, even if I wasn't, the situation would have shown me that there might be other useful options besides just a plain shutdown.
I see. So instead of waiting to see IF there's a huge outpouring of fan support and then responding, they automatically make the same (lousy) offer to every single fangame? Could be. But again, that's an assumption.

Quote:
Selfish and unfair of me to expect a big fangame being mad[e by fans to stay connected to and participate in the community they started out from and are making the game for, and let the fans know that the game isn't dead (aside from very vague promise updates once in a blue moon) and is making progress? Gee, I'm *so* sorry that's unreasonable.
Jeysie, YOU'RE the one who admitted to being "selfish," I was just repeating it. Sounds like now you're trying to reframe it.

What's unreasonable is expecting an organization that has ONE task -- a colossal task at that -- to ALSO function in numerous SUBSIDIARY ways that YOU PERSONALLY wanted them to function.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a vibrant fan community for SQ. There's something very wrong with layng that responsibility entirely on one small group that's simply trying to put out a fangame.

--Josh