View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 AM   #1
Bobske
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske
Default Space Quest 7 fan game has been cancelled by Vivendi

I know this post should probably be posted in the fan games forum but I just wanted to let everybody know that Vivendi sucks <insert bodypart of choice>.

Vivendi has ordered the SQ7 fan team to put Space Quest 7 on hold indefinitely.

The game was 85% done and was looking great. A lot of creative fans have been working on the game for the last 7 years and I just can't believe that Vivendi would do something like that. It's not like they're planning on releasing a new SQ game!

This again confirms that Vivendi is run by a bunch of idiots! I know they want to protect their products and stuff but why order a hold on an amazing fan project that will probably generate more revenues? Aren't these fan games also responsible for the resurge of the Sierra collections? Even though everybody knows the new collections suck (bad compatibility, no manuals, games missing etc), they still bought the collections!

How can they not see that?

Hopefully, the SQ7 team will find a way to release the game in the future.

See the link for the saddest adventure gaming news I’ve heard in a long time: http://wiw.org/~jess/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9767. I just want to say Thank you! to the SQ7 team. You guys are awesome!

I think this does not bode well for future Sierra remakes/fan games. What will happen to Hero’s Quest 6? Quest for Glory 2 remake? Will Vivendi stop all fan initiatives?

Last edited by Bobske; 11-15-2007 at 04:04 AM.