View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Merricat
Backsliding Pagan

When I was a kid, I wanted Mel Blanc's (voice of Warner Brothers cartoons) job, which I thought was the best in the world--partly because I thought it was a way I could capitalize on my habit of imitating family and friends without getting into trouble.
But seriously, if you want to get into this area, the best thing you can do is, as JohnnyB says, put together a demo to demonstrate what you can do. My first job in media was as a scriptwriter and voice talent for an audiotex company, and I got it because I had a degree in writing, experience in theatre, and had a radio show in college--so the point is, you really have to sell your abilities through a resume and a demo disc. Used to be that you had to go into a studio to make a demo worth hearing, but I think today's home computers are sophisticated enough that the production values will be fine for what you're doing. Once you have that demo, be prepared to send it everywhere and to everyone, and keep your chin up--rejection is the norm, even when you're great. Good luck--