Thread: Game magazine
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
samIamsad
capsized.

I can only speak for myself, but for me the gaming magazin as it is now, that is, a more ore less pure mag for testing games, has long since run its course. Back then in the early 90s, a print mag was pretty much the only source of information one had at their disposal. Previews, reviews ad nauseum - that's all information I can gather online now. For free. I haven't bought a gaming magazine since ca. 1999. Granted, I'm not sure if I would regularly buy another one even if its focus was any different - say, in-depth stories on developers, the industry, retro corners, much, much much more editorial stuff - my interest and thus the amount of money I'm putting into it isn't what it used to be.

Hell, I remember times when the entire pocket money of months was spent to buy a game or two. What I meant to say is: Can't help you there.

Anyway, this doesn't have so much to do with the question at hand, but I found this rather interesting. Those numbers are quite a few months old, and they have been dwindling for years now. Recently, another German PC gaming magazine closed its doors forever, but if I'm comparing the sales numbers of German game mags with those of other European mags.. I have no idea why Germons buy that many mags though. It's rather interesting to see that. I'd imagine that quite a few readers are from Austria and Switzerland as well. The author pokes fun at PC Gamer for claiming to be the "World's biggest PC gaming mag", which, given those numbers is a little understandable.

Last edited by samIamsad; 10-23-2007 at 10:14 AM.