View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #25252
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I've got chills. They're multiplying, and I'm losing control.
You can get special pants to deal with that sort of problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Not really. What's eating up my time is the insane amount of reading I'm required to do in order to write these gobbets (and don't ask me what "gobbets" are, since explaining properly would be hard).
What are gobbets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
for the sun, little one
Are you an outlaw once again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
great balls of fire!
Didn't take my advice about not using Head and Shoulders Fresh there huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
They're not superior, per se. On the contrary, the art of reading a book has quietly started on its way out, since the advent of other forms of media in the past decade or so. Within another decade, the book as entertainment will have less niche appeal than an opera does now. Which is partly why, now, some persons have difficulty doing large amounts of reading, as they're more accustomed to visual entertainment. We prefer to see ancient artifacts in museums, as opposed to reading of them in books; we prefer to watch war films, than read a book on WWII; we prefer to watch 300, than read a historical account of the Battle of Thermopylae. And now we have the internet and photo-realistic games to boot. How long can the obsolete paper-and-cardboard assemblies of tradition hold out?

And history books are totally dull. Well, can be.
But, excluding reading at night, books require no power to be read. Everything else you mention needs power.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree