View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
Aurebesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Okay, so I have the same problem as the others here, but I got error messages during the install too. I was told that I couldn't install movie8 and 9 (ww2) because the source was corrupt. I chose to ignore after trying the other options..
I can play the five wmv files externally, and they open automaticly in WMP (as I've told it to do) but I can't play the ww2 files.
As far as I know, .WW2 is not an official extension for video files, but at least 12 .WW2 files that come with the game are indeed video files.
I could play 12 of the .WW2 files in WMP and in MP Classic - they are very short soundless video snippets that are superimposed on the game screens themselves, showing things like doors opening and shop signs swinging.
The only .WW2 file I couldn't play is movie4.ww2. I don't really think it's due to corruption, because the file is considerably larger than the other .WW2 files - it weighs 2.54MB (while the others are only a few dozen KB in size), even larger than one of the .WMV files (movie15.wmv).

Judging by its name, movie4.ww2 IS a video file, but I didn't get any messages about a corrupt file during installation... can anybody play this file?

Panthera, it's really weird that you got the corruption message. Did you buy the download version or the boxed retail version?
And, by the way, we're all speaking about the English version in this thread, right? I think the English version is 1.1, while the German version is 1.0 probably.

Last edited by Aurebesh; 10-05-2007 at 10:30 AM.