View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

For my birthday last month I gave myself this 26" Samsung LCD widescreen, which I use for gaming and movies. Incredible picture, good deep blacks, sharp and crisp, a special picture mode for gaming, speakers on the bottom of the unit (though I use external speakers with much better treble and bass), 2 HDMI slots, etc.

As for the whole 1080p crap, it means nothing to me unless the screen is at least 40", so for now I don't give a damn and the image looks absolutely delicious (Bioshock is f00king lickable). Besides, when I game I have a habit of sitting closer to the screen anyway. I don't want anything bigger than this for the next four or five years, and when I eventually get an HD-DVD/Blu-ray player the HDMI slots are already there.

Oh, and it has a built-in thingy for over-the-air HD broadcast signals. I was specific about this (even though I just about never watch TV) in anticipation of all over-the-air signals in this country going HD in less than two years. All I need is the the special HD antenna, which can be found for less than $25.

Absolutely no complaints, other than not yet having the proper furniture to put it on. Right now it's sitting on my dresser, a little too high for eye level. The only things I need now are a 5.1 speaker set up and 5.1 headphones for late night gaming.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-02-2007 at 11:07 PM.