View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:05 AM   #37
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP View Post
Lionhearts combat on the other hand is pretty damn irritating, a shame too - the setting looked interesting, some cool ideas, but the gameplay rendered it unplayable for me.
I'm currently playing this now, the gameplay can be frustrating but I wouldn't call it unplayable. The spell and skill system is VERY basic (few options, and little development) while the gameplay is punishing and forces you to be quite intimate with how to build a character that can survive. Add to this, certain spell schools are pure crap (90% of the necromancy tree for example) and you can easily find yourself wondering why you're bothering while playing a pants character.

The easiest character to build seems to be a fighter/mage or shooter/mage. You still need to be careful with stats and traits though. Thankfully there's some good guides on gamefaqs.

I went hours just killing things and picking up new gear just like a Diablo clone before finally picking a guild and starting the 'story' proper. Its not been a memorable experience but with the right character its a passable one.