View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:05 AM   #1
Retuobak

Default Undercover: Operation Wintersun videos won't play

So I just received Undercover: Operation Wintersun in the mail yesterday, it installed fine and everything, but when I tried to load up the game, the intro videos were just blank. I could hear the audio for the lighthouse interactive intro, the game intro etc. but the screen was just black. So naturally I thought it might be a driver issue, having just updated it to a newer version, so I reverted back to an older driver. This however did not resolve anything for me. Then I tried a whole number of things including reinstalling ffdshow, re-encoding the videos to Xvid and trying a boatload of different drivers (uninstalled the previous ones from device manager and rebooted before installing).

Then I discovered something odd, when I would alt+tab or winkey + tab during the intro movies (or ingame movies for that matter), they would show. This to me is completely puzzling, why would they show when alt+Tabbed or alt+winkeyed but not when simply ingame?

My system:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2,0GHz
2x 1GB DDR2 667MHz
nVidia 8600M GT 512MB

It should also be noted that I'm having a similar problem with Team Fortress 2, which may or may not be related. There I can't see the intro's of the game either, the ingame movies (briefing you on the level) however do show.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me, if not on how to get the videos to display ingame, then on how to run Undercover windowed, as presumably that would get them to show as well.