View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #942
Nelza

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
I wouldn't compare it to Onimusha at all, fighting mechanics are completely different, much more reliant on jumping (which is nonexistent in Onimusha games), evading and other acrobatic moves. It's also about 4X faster, at the very least.

DMC is also not a particularly good comparison point. DMC is more flashy, while NG is generally more punishing (but also more rewarding) and more about edge-of-the-seat fighting than showing off. I'm not sure there is a game Ninja Gaiden can be compared to at all, it seems to be in a class of its own.
It reminds me a lot of Onimusha for the weapons upgrades, orbs, switching between male and female, and it has a real Capcom feel to it in general puzzle-wise (if you could call them puzzles).

I also related it to Devil May Cry 2 for it being fast-paced and I don't have a good memory of the game, but for some reason I could see the acrobatic/jumping being quite similar to the chick's?

It's funny, one of my friends believes it to be a direct rip-off of 'Onimusha'. I wouldn't quite agree there but it does remind me of it.