View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #927
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Bored? Controls suck? Hm. I dunno how to respond to that. Does it get better? I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you're trying to enjoy the whole exploring thing, Chozo Ruins is probably the best environment in the entire game. (Especially when you get to know it well enough to play without a map.) So I can't understand why you'd find it boring, unless you're looking for more action. What is it you're looking for? And what's the problem with spread-out save points? It forces you to get to know the layout of the environment so you'll be able to get back. If you could save anywhere, you'd just be trying to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. This is better.

Edit: Sorry I didn't write until now- it was a holiday.
*Spoiler warning*
Basically I was expecting to be entertained by the game since everyone seems to love it. I'm not looking for anything except fun game play. I have no preferences concerning genre as long as it's fun. My gripe so far is that I have no idea what I'm doing.
Spoiler:
I'm answering a distress call and ends up on a ravaged space station full of insects and space pirates. I then meet a huge bug and kills it after which the station self destructs (and my suit brakes) and I follow a huge flying dinosaur to this planet. At this planet I find parts of my suit (I have no idea how they ended up here!?). What am I doing on this planet, why did I follow this bird?
So far I don't get it, but I've still not given up on it, I'm just busy with two other games at the moment. I will give it another shot later. Okami got way better after the first five hours and I aim to give Metroid Prime at least that before I decide on giving it up or not.