View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 AM   #17
Kurufinwe

Woohoo! The new design, at last!

I really love the new site's design, both in terms of general look and new content. However, I seem to share the general sentiment regarding the forums (wasted space on the side and ad after first post). Then again, I'm sure it's nothing some tweaking with my userContent.css can't fix.

I found a few bugs, though:
  • Wrong link on writer's name on news posts (both news.php and newsitem.php)
  • Wrong link on writer's name on Features page
  • The RSS link embedded in the pages' <head> section only contains the news feed (instead of all, or maybe the appropriate one for each page?)
  • The layout of the GC feature is broken
  • The "last updated releases" list on the main page obviously isn't that at all
  • The release dates are not sorted appropriately (seems to be a problem with 1-figure days; see the October releases, for example)
  • The "related games" function doesn't work for UG games, probably because it looks for the same developper whereas UG games have an author instead
  • The Game info pages could use a little space between the flags and the text
  • The fourth most recent feature/interview/preview is nowhere to be found on the corresponding page (probably a remnant of the previous design, where four such articles were featured, instead of three now)
  • The bottom bar looks bad for multipage articles
  • Some features and interviews still have lo-res main pics
  • Wrong link when clicking screenshots inside articles
Oh, and have you implemented my pet feature request, namely being able to link an article to more than one game (so that interviews, etc. discussing several games can appear in the "related articles" list for each of these games?

But anyway, great work on the new AGs, Marek and all!
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]