View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #2866
TheZodiacSpeaking
I am the murderer...

Default Rob Zombie's Halloween

I saw Halloween recently because I just had to know and let me say this...SEE THE ORIGINAL!! Rob Zombie is an ass. This isn't the first time I've had to say this and it probably won't be the last. I'm not saying that his take on Halloween was bad, exactly. Just it wasn't good and it had no reason to exist in the first place. His is almost no different than the original (except he added in some crappy scenes that the film is better without anyway). He claimed he wanted to make the original better, but he changed almost nothing and the things he did change were for the worse. He gave Micheal Myers the sissiest, most pointless childhood ever, but luckily that ends before too long. If you can survive the first thirty minutes the movie is almost decent, but the original is way better.
Not only that, but it's almost as if Rob Zombie purposely looked for the worst actors of all time. Sheri Moon Zombie is cute and spirited, but a lot of people are and they can't all be actresses. Unfortunately she is one of these people who is not an actress; fortunately (for her only) however she is married to a man who casts her in every movie he makes, turning a blind eye to her obvious lack of talent. Her acting is almost as rigid and unconvincing as that of the boy who plays young Micheal Myers. Actually the only decent acting comes from the girl who plays Laurie and the man who plays adult Micheal Myers (Dr. Loomis isn't too bad). Everyone else is on the same level as a middle school drama club.
And why does everyone in a Rob Zombie film have to have long, greasy hair? I don't know where Rob Zombie comes from originally but in real life there are more people in the world than unwashed rednecks. Even Dr. Loomis is long-haired and dirty for half the film.
Overall, it was just barely a C-. Bordering on being a D. A half-assed remake of a film that didn't need remaking.
(And yes, in case you were wondering, Rob Zombie himself does appear in the film for a few minutes of inane dialogue and then happily vanishes from the movie. Surprisingly his acting was better than a lot of his cronies'.)

Last edited by TheZodiacSpeaking; 09-08-2007 at 06:04 PM.