View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #59
zazzaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggleRock View Post
When I was young I once played Return to Zork with my friend at his house. I don't remember much, but I do remember being really creeped out by pretty much everything. And some old dude wouldn't stop asking for "rye".

A little while after that I was given Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness for Christmas. I loved it, but I eventually had to stop playing it because of the constant nightmares it gave me. (Yeah, I was easily scared back then.) Everything about that game was--and still is--dark. Eventually I grew up and started it back up again, and it soon became one of my favorite games. Even with its dark atmosphere, the characters, who are indeed a big part of the dark tone, each have a very lovable quirkiness to them, creating a brilliant (IMO) contrast of humor and gloom that I will never forget.
Hahahaha, probably the part that freaks me out the most about QFGIV was a part that wasnt even scary, but i know why they added it in. THAT STUPID HAWK!!!! Comes in the screen screeching bloody murder. It would almost always make me jump as a kid. Such a great game and series. Also when i was a kid in kings quest II the music the game played when the dwarf popped out, or the wolf was in grandmas house. That music just creeped me out. I didnt like the death music either.