View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #867
LeisureSuitedLooney
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I've gone back to Neverwinter Nights 2, and I'm currently cursing one long chain battle that rapidly kills off my entire party. I'm supposed to be smuggling some goods along a road, but the enemy placement is such that once I start fighting one of them each fight in turn causes the next set of enemies to approach. And there's only so much futile battling I can take before I begin to wonder whether the game is oddly designed (I don't believe that I've skipped anything in getting to this part of the game, so my characters' levels should be fine), or whether I just suck at managing five characters during combat.

*sigh* My return to gaming after getting my computer fixed has so far been a complete non-starter.

Even on Easy, I find that the combat can be brutal in NWN2. The bandit camp near Fort Locke, for example, can quickly overwhelm Khelgar, Neeshka and my character with all the bandits they throw at us. And those guys are nothing compared to many of the later enemies. I figure I keep playing it because I'm a sucker for punishment, lol.