Thread: Consider this
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
blueskull

Default I agree

a lot of focus has been placed on the adventure thriller but not enough on the comedy adventure and sci-fi adventure. I don't actually have any idea how adventure games (or any games for that matter) get made, but I am writing a comedy adventure myself. I am currently writing the story and dialog in script form, i have a plot outline and it's nothing groundbreaking , but i will try to twist clichés up. I have written some pretty absurd stuff so hopefully it will all come together well. I'm thinking it will be a mix of original hand drawn graphics and rotoscoping for animation. This will be my first attempt at doing anything other than writing but hey all that matters is that i get my feet wet , who knows what i may end up with. I love the sci-fi genre but in my opinion it is just so much harder to come up with something that hasn't been done a million times already...Well actually i guess that applies to any genre. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good freeware (or cheap) engine that is intuitive enough for a beginner?