View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #863
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
I had real trouble finishing the first Phoenix Wright. Introducing new evidence isn't really contrary to the real world, so long as its really new and wasn't just withheld to screw with opposing counsel (which happens again and again throughout the game, even Phoenix does it).

I just hate the witnesses who are allowed to lie over and over again, its so silly and its the core game mechanic! I also got tired of having to do everyone's job, not just my own.

In Phoenix land, defence lawyers don't just have to prove reasonable doubt, they can't even win by proving their client didn't do it (which you often do less than halfway through a case). No, they have to prove who did it, make them break down on the stand ala Perry Mason and confess or the asinine Judge won't make a verdict clearing your client!

Do you use the voice recognition? I don't think mine works cause I got no reaction to what I was calling the Judge.

The dialogue offers no alternate play route, the options are mostly dead ends for humor's sake or for getting a penalty (the exclamation marks which lead to failure/do-over).
I think Phoenix Wright resembles Japanese animes more than real life, where everything is exaggerated. I remember watching soccer animes when I was young, and they would recall the player's life story when they kicked the ball. Also the player could dribble past 11 players in the other team and score. It makes you cringe sometimes, but don't take it seriously, as it was never meant to be taken as a simulation of real life law.

As far as the voice recognition goes, it does work but you can say anything in the mic and he will say objection. I once said football, and he yelled objection.

Firefox rules