View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #19
Endosanity
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
All I'll say is you should avoid Samsung like the plague. We bought a relatively cheap HDTV from them, 30" I think. It's heavy as all get-out, but I suppose considering the lower cost this is a minor complaint. But one corner has a big blue blob permanently, apparently because the speakers were built in too close to the screen. Also, not too long after we bought it the thing started ghosting bright images (that is, it would sort of shift into two images not in sync when a particularly bright image was displayed). At first this wasn't too big a deal, but then it progressively got worse and now on bright screens the image will separate to ridiculous proportions, reset, do it again, over and over. It's barely watchable.

Since you're working with a budget, just avoid Samsung as their lower-priced line are just not manufactured well. Or something.

You said it. I thought, "Hey, I have absolutly non-HD everything so I'll just get a run-of-the-mill TV for videos and basic cable." So I pick up a Samsung SDTV on sale and lo-and-behold 5 months later I get this blue haze in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I call Samsung and tell them the issue and now I have to travel 2 hours to get to a authorized repair center to fix it.

I hate CRTs altogether. And now I'm expected to chug a TV down 2 flights of stairs, travel for 2 hours to drop off the TV then wait for it to be repaired. I'm just about ready to forget that route and just get an LCD tv. One thing is for sure, I'll sooner pay for a no-name LCD tv then attempt Samsung again.