View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
ginmartini

Default Sam and Max, Season 1...=(

Was anyone else disappointed in this game? I just completed it tonight and I wouldn't say that I spent any more than a few hours getting through all six episodes. I'm not bragging though. I'm probably mid-level to below-average in terms of adventure gaming skills, it takes me a long time to figure out the logic (The Longest Journey really was loooooooooong). But I just found this game to be really...easy!!

There was only ever one other location to visit which meant that the answer was somewhere (you only have so many options). And some days you could take the coat hanger from the T.V., some days you can't. Obviously, if you are allowed to take it one day, you're going to use it. Plus, the day's storyline basically depended on completing your tasks with Sybil and then buying whatever Bosco has invented for the day. *Snore!* I understand that the developers wanted to create "episodes" for a more story based adventure, but splitting the game up into chunks just meant extremely contained and therefore, boring, puzzles.

Plus, I don't know if I found "Hit the Road" more entertaining because I was MUCH younger back then, but I thought the humor in this was really bland. =O It wasn't long before all the one-liners made me want to hurl Max out the window and continue along the journey just as Sam. Bosco's characterizations never gave me a laugh since the game as a whole just seemed like it was trying to hard to be funny. There were a few great moments, but otherwise it just seemed like I was having to indulge the developers' poor sense of humor in order to finish the game (If I heard Sam say, "You crack me up, little buddy" again, I was gonna punch the screen.).

My venting is complete, time to go smoke a cigarette.