View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #192
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Really? I didn't know that. But westerns from the 50's are usually not very good though.
Hmm. One could make the case for the 50s being actually the peak of the genre with High Noon, Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and yes, 3:10 to Yuma not that far behind those in terms of fame and quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I just saw her last night in Dead Calm (a film I've seen in full before, but caught 20 minutes of it channel surfing before bed). I read today that this was her US debut (and you can tell how she worked on her accent since this film). She was stunning.
By "US debut", didn't they mean "the first film with her released in US", though? It was shot in Australia, most of the cast and crew was Australian (including Kidman, Sam Neill and Phillip Noyce), so I assumed her character was Australian, too.

And yes, Nicole's performance is very good. I used to think she had evolved from a so-so talented starlet to a very talented actress somehere around 2001, but then I've seen Dead Calm, and realized she always had it in herself.